Gluten Free Stuffing
Makes One 13 x 9 inch pan
Make the mix the day before you’re going to use it. If you make it earlier, freeze until ready to use.
Make a loaf of GF cornbread using your favorite mix (such as Bob’s Red Mill).
Get a loaf of GF white or millet bread (about 18 oz.) (you can order ours online here on our website, or find it at most Kroger stores, or use any good quality GF bread).
Cube the loaf of white or millet bread. Spread the cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast the cubes at 350F for about 8 – 10 minutes. Take the cubes out of the oven, and let cool.
Crumble the loaf of cornbread in a large mixing bowl, and add the bread cubes. Combine thoroughly. Add seasonings such as salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and/or Italian seasoning to taste.
Follow these directions:
8 tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups Celery, diced thin
1 cup Onions, chopped
4 cups Chicken Stock
5 ea Eggs, beaten
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat
- When butter is melted, add onions and celery and sauté until soft (about 7 minutes)
- Meanwhile, pour stuffing mix into buttered 9 x 13 casserole dish
- Spread vegetable mixture over stuffing mixture
- Add stock, mix well and season with salt and pepper
- Add eggs and mix until incorporated
- Bake for 30-45 min or until stuffing is set and golden.
Please keep stuffing mix frozen until ready to use.